This is an extremely exciting time in the Community Activation sector with Sport England recently announcing their £100 million Local Delivery Pilot scheme which aims to tackle inactivity.
This innovative qualification, the first of its kind in the UK active leisure sector, has been designed to address government priorities around improving the health of the nation. It does this by facilitating increased levels of physical activity in sedentary populations using a community based approach.
The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to become community activators and support members of their community adopt and maintain healthier lifestyles.
Moreover, it empowers learners to support behaviour change at an individual level in the adoption and maintenance of a more active lifestyle and signposting them to further opportunities and support.
By the end of the course the learners will cover:
– how to profile and establish the needs of a target community
– how to identify the opportunities for physical activity in their community
– engaging individuals and groups in physical activity coaching and supporting change
– factors affecting health and its relation to physical activity
– assessing an individual’s suitability to participate in physical activity
– preparing, delivering and evaluating physical activity
– leading a physical activity session
The course will be delivered using a mixture of lesson based learning, research tasks, group presentations, physical activity workshops and much more.
This is an exciting course that could be the stepping stone in to a community based role, an opportunity in which to up-skill within the leisure industry or a chance to get involved in local community initiatives.
The course fee is £500.00 but discounts on the course are available via a Volunteer Bursary Scheme (V.B.S.) linked through our community groups. If you would like to become a volunteer please call the number below as we do have funding for people that have the passion for community engagement but don’t have the funding to pay for the course.
18th & 19th February 18.00 – 21.30.
24th February 9.30 – 17.00
- coursework – completed as part of your studies
- practical examination- completed as part of your voluntary placement delivering in the community
For information on booking your place or registering for block booking please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07709300765.
If you would like to talk to the course tutor please also call the number above.